March 17, 2022
We proudly enforce safety measures to keep our patients and staff healthy. Below find the current list of precautionary procedures we have put in place to keep you safe:
- Increase disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and equipment - Removal of shared print materials from common areas.
- Frequent hand sanitizing protocols for patients, staff, and doctors
- Recording of staff, doctor, and patient temperatures upon presentation to the office
- Upgraded personal protective equipment (PPE) standards
- Installation of HEPA air purification units to aid in removal of aerosolized pathogens
- Professional antiviral hospital level gasing of entire office with a 90 day electrostatic agent to neutralize viruses for 90 days from time of service. (This will be an ongoing repeated process every 90 days).
- All front office staff will wear surgical masks when in office to mitigate any potential risk of respiratory ailments.
For patient procedures:
- Each patient will be required to complete a COVID-19 consent form and answer questions about their recent health history and any potential exposure to COVID-19
- Patients will be required to bring and wear face masks to each appointment
- Online submission of new patient and consent forms to facilitate a touch free entry to the practice
- A recommendation for pre-payment and completion of any applicable paperwork to reduce interaction with front office staff
- Patients are allowed in our waiting room prior to their appointment
- Block scheduling of patients to facilitate social distancing
- Patients will rinse pre-operatively with an oral disinfectant prior to all procedures
- Use of intra-oral suction to reduce aerosols whenever possible
- Patients with pre-existing or underlying medical conditions are encouraged to make informed decisions about their care in consultation with their physician
The safety of our patients and our employees continues to be our primary focus. We are following the American Dental Association as well as the PA Board of health regulations very closely. Please call out office with any questions you may have.
We appreciate your dedication to our practice and look forward to seeing you at your next visit.
Stay healthy and safe,
Dr. Mark Simeone
DENTAL OFFICE SAFETY PROTOCOL – COATESVILLE, PA
Our Commitment to Safety
We recognize times have changed. Priorities have shifted. Today, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our staff and patients.
With this in mind, we are happy to share the 27 additional steps we are taking to make every visit to our office as safe as possible. These actions are incremental to our normal standards of care that meet or exceed all CDC, OSHA and ADA guidelines for dental practices.
Our goal is to add peace-of-mind to the friendliness and clinical excellence you have come to expect. Of course, this is part of an on-going commitment that will evolve with the times. As always, we welcome the opportunity to answer any of your questions and to address all concerns.
We are in this together, and we will never underestimate the power of a smile!
Advanced Staff Training
Each member of our team has completed additional awareness and prevention programs to enhance their knowledge and preparedness.
Each day, one person will be designated to guide our Commitment to Safety. This includes greeting patients, answering questions, ensuring social distancing, and overall monitoring.
Daily Health Checks of Our Team
No contact temperature checks and a quick set of questions will ensure our team is ready, willing and able to provide safe dental care – every day.
No Handshakes or Hugs
We truly do love our patients. However, we will save our hearty welcomes and goodbyes for a later date when things are "back to normal".
Personal Hygiene Standards
Along with short hair or hair that is worn up; this means no long fingernails, no jewelry, and no watches for any team member while in the office.
Change Work Clothes at Work
In the past, you might have seen us at the grocery store in our stylish scrubs. No longer. Now, we change into and out of our newly-cleaned scrubs at the office, every day.
In addition to brushing and flossing before your visit, we will provide an Oracare solution to rinse in your mouth for 60 seconds and reduce bacteria.
Virtual Waiting Room
Now, you can check-in from your car. As a result, you are able to minimize contact with others, bypass the reception area, and go directly to your treatment room.
No Patient Gloves Allowed
Minimizing cross-contamination is an important part of our plan. We will ask you to dispose of any outside gloves before you enter.
Sequenced Patient Scheduling
Plain and simple, we are not seeing as many patients. We are allocating more time between visits for coming, going and cleaning.
Pre-Screening of Every Patient
A quick health questionnaire and consent form along with a no-touch temperature check will be completed when you arrive at our office.
Expanded Patient Appointments
In an effort to save you time and multiple exposures, we are offering extended appointments. This allows us to do more dentistry in a single visit.
Family Friendly Scheduling
We are now able to see up to 6 family members during the same visit. It is almost like your own, private dental experience.
At-Risk Patient Hours
Relax. We have hours dedicated exclusively to our mature and medically-concerned patients. Let us add peace-of-mind to your next visit.
Hospital-Grade Hand Sanitizing Station
Every patient will be asked to thoroughly disinfect their hands before entering the clinical area of our practice.
Social Distancing in Place
Fewer chairs in our reception area, helpful signs and one-way traffic in our treatment area make 6’ spacing a practical reality.
Cleaning After Every Appointment
We are super clean as we thoroughly wipe, sanitize, and disinfect all instruments, equipment and surfaces in each operatory after every patient.
Deep Cleaning Every Evening
Along with cleaning and sanitizing during the day, we take things to another level at night with a thorough top-to-bottom scrub down.
CDC-Approved Instrument Sterilization
This is standard procedure at all times, and nothing has changed. Anything that goes near your mouth is heat and pressure cleaned between every use.
N95 & ASTM Level 3 Masks
The beautiful smiles of our clinical team – dentists, hygienists, and assistants – will be protected behind double-masking at all times.
Front Desk Masks
Even our friendly administrative team will be wearing ASTM Level 3 masks. Don’t worry. They are smiling behind those masks!
Two masks are not enough. Our clinical team will also protect you and themselves through the use of FDA Approved PET face shields.
Disposable, Protective Coats & Hats
When appropriate, our team will utilize another layer of protection to minimize the spread or absorption of airborne particles.
UV Smartphone Box
This cool contraption allows us to kill 99.99% of bacteria on any smartphone in 60 seconds. If a phone enters our office, it will have a timeout in this box.
Advanced Chairside Suction
Whenever possible, we will activate high speed evacuation to minimize aerosol contamination and improve air quality.
HEPA Air Filtration
Our air has never been cleaner. We have added HEPA-grade filters to our HVAC system along with stand-alone air cleaners in each operatory.
No Magazines or Activities
This may make our reception area a little less exciting, but it makes it much safer as well.